Sunday, 31 March 2013

Project Stresshead: Week 2


So last week's Project Stresshead tasks actually went quite well. As you can see, I had A LOT of hair cut off, successfully stayed away from anything to do with work while I was at home 99% of the time (and guess what, the world hasn't ended) and went for a brisk walk round Leazes Park on Tuesday lunchtime (how much do I sound like my mother here?) and walked home on Wednesday instead of getting the bus. I wouldn't say I was feeling super relaxed and stress-free yet but, you know, onwards and upwards. 


This week I'm going to:

1. Cut down on caffeine


I'm a big coffee drinker. I started drinking black coffee a few years ago at work, when the milk fund wars and office fridge dramas became too much to handle. One day at work last week I found myself in the kitchen making my third cup of the day, at 11am. Considering I hadn't got to work until 9:30, that's a cup every half an hour. Which seems a bit excessive. And also explains why I go to the toilet about ten times a day as well - no wonder they're always accusing me of being pregnant. I'm not going to cut it out completely, but I'm going to switch at least every other cup for some kind of herbal tea instead, and try not to drink any at all after 4pm. 





(Image: weheartit.com)


2. Buy a clock 



I'm one of those people that can't stand not knowing what time it is. To the extent that if I'm stuck somewhere without a watch, clock or phone to check the time, it actually makes me a little bit anxious. As a result, I sleep with my phone on my bedside table, right next to my face so I can see the time if I wake up. The problem with this is, while checking the time it's too tempting to also check my emails, go on Twitter, check Facebook, read any texts and so on. I'm going to buy an alarm clock to go next to my face instead, and then my phone can be switched off and put out of sight. 


(I probably won't get a Lego Star Wars Yoda alarm clock, but you never know.)



3. Tidy up


This is my dressing room right now. Strictly speaking it's the spare bedroom, but nobody ever stays in it - ergo, it's my dressing room. It's fair to say it's a bit of a mess (and you can't even see the worst of it). As a rough estimate, I've probably spent an hour this week looking for things I couldn't find in here, be that clothes, a specific bit of a makeup, my watch (which I lose on a pretty much daily basis) and who knows what else. It's all because it's so messy. This week I'm going to tidy it up properly and get my storage sorted to hopefully keep it that way for longer than 10 minutes. 





5 comments:

  1. Haha, your dressing room lols like the one i used to have! Other halfs a neat freak so i cant get away with it now. It'll maybe be less of a shock if you switch to decaff coffee instead x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cutting down caffeine too! I'm absolutely loving Lemon& Ginger tea at the mo!

    Love Zoe x
    www.facevaluebeautyblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think I could cut down of coffee, I'm far to clumsy without it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellie, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad I'm not the only one that uses their phone for a clock and then checks email/facebook at 2am. I also have a dressing room that looks A LOT like yours. Great read!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and will always answer if you want to ask me any questions! x