Saturday, 3 March 2012

Six months after everyone else: Chanel Émerveillé



I was determined not to buy this. I have read I don't know how many rave reviews of Chanel Illusion d'Ombre eyeshadow in the shade Émerveillé, but I was happy with my Illusion D'Ombre Illusoire, and didn't think I needed another. Most of the pictures I'd seen had it as a straight-up beigey-champagney-gold: nice but not a knockout. 



However I watched this Pixiwoo tutorial and literally wanted to recreate that entire look, so ended up giving in to temptation and just buying it. 





Anyway, to cut a long story short: I went back to the Chanel counter, I bought it, j'adore. I had it in my head that it would be too warm and peachy for me, but it isn't at all. It is quite gold, and quite warm, but it definitely pulls slightly more pinky on me than a lot of the images I've seen. 




I'm not usually much of a 'one lid colour' fan but have done just that every day this week for work - a quick swipe of this on each eyelid with my fingers, and done. (When doing my makeup at 4:30am last Wednesday for a day in London, this was a definite advantage...)


And here's my dodgy attempt at recreating the look from the tutorial. Clearly looks nothing like it, but I quite like the look anyway. 





FACE - Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation (2N1 Desert Beige); MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural (Medium); Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush (Rose Ecrin); Benefit Girl Meets Pearl


EYES - Chanel Illusion d'Ombre (Émerveillé) Urban Decay eyeshadow (Tease, Bootycall, Blackout); Maybelline Gel Liner (Black); Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil (Zero); Red Cherry Lashes (600); Eyelure Girls Aloud Lashes (Kimberley); Clinique High Impact Mascara (Black)


LIPS - Mac Lipstick (Creme Cup)



13 comments:

  1. I have illusoire and love it now I'm dying to get this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love Illusoire, but probably wouldn't wear it for everyday, whereas definitely would with this one!

      Delete
  2. That looks so beautiful! Quote jealous of your makeup bag, I have to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my makeup bag is far too big! x

      Delete
  3. You look lush as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh love the lashes and liner on you! :3 so purrty

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks absolutely gorgeous hun! I love the subtle shimmer!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to try some of these some time. Im trying so hard not to buy new makeup but I am very tempted by these beauties!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, so hard to stay away from them, they're so pretty! x

      Delete
  7. I googled Chanel Emerveille and came across your blog as I too saw it on Pixiwoo and you've finally sold it to me. Looks beautiful x

    http://jessica-jjc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and will always answer if you want to ask me any questions! x