Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Who is Dave, and why is he Famous?



I know it's only February, but I'm starting to look forward to spring and summer, and have been getting back into fake tan mode after a pale and interesting winter. 


I was sent Famous Dave's Gradual 10 to try a little while ago, and have been using it ever since to top up my other fake tans, to keep the colour going longer so I don't have all the faff and mess of a weekly fake tan application.
Gradual 10 contains natural active ingredients and antioxidants, including Aloe Vera, Cocoa Butter, Vitamins A & E, and infused with organic ingredients such as Rosehip Oil, Sunflower Oil and Sweet Almond Oil to help care for your skin.


It promises to care for your skin in 10 different ways: 
1. Moisturises
2. Nourishes
3. Protects
4. Softens
5. Soothes
6. Smoothes
7. Evens out skin tone
8. Delays the effects of ageing
9. Improves skin's elasticity and firmness
10. Develops gradually into a flawless tan 


Frankly all 10 could probably be reduced to 2... 
1. Is a moisturiser
2. Has a bit of fake tan in it
...but that probably wouldn't be much of a strapline (there's a reason I don't work in marketing). 

It has a fairly neutral smell, and the light lotion is very easily absorbed into my skin, so I can slap this on last thing at night and not feel sticky when I'm going to bed. Best of all, no digestive biscuits smell! I love the fact that the bottle comes with a pump dispenser, all in all this is great for no-fuss, no mess fake tanning. 


I generally tend to stay away from gradual tanners even though I'm pale, because they often look quite orange on me. This one definitely gives more of an olivey tan though, so it's a perfect counterpart to weekly tanners such as Xen Tan and St Tropez. 

Priced at £17.99 for 250ml, this is at the pricier end of the gradual tan spectrum. But you definitely get what you pay for, and the colour and quality of the product makes it worth it for me. The bottle lasts for ages - I've had this one on the go since at least November and it's still more than half full.

Have you tried any Famous Dave products before? 
And just who is Dave, and why is he Famous? 


*PR sample

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried the Leighton Denny Tan yet?

    Great blog by the way!

    Best wishes,
    Her Ivory Tower

    http://herivorytower.blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I didn't even know he did a tan! Might have to try that one next. Ellie x

      Delete

I love reading your comments, and will always answer if you want to ask me any questions! x