Sunday, 26 February 2012

FashionistA Custom Blush Palette




I love a palette. Using one makes me feel like a makeup artist rather than a bumbling amateur, and they keep everything nice and neat and tidy. I also love blusher. So happily, this review combines two of my favourite things! As a result, it's very picture heavy. 


New to Superdrug in the past few months, the stand out feature of the FashionistA range to me is its Custom Palette system. It's great to see some budget alternatives to MAC eyeshadow and blush palettes starting to come on to the market and with 49 eyeshadow and 12 blush shades available, you really can mix and match to create your own perfect palette. 





The FashionistA Custom Palette itself feels sturdy, has a reassuringly tight 'click' to close, and a good sized mirror inside. It's really easy to pop the different pans in, the design is simple and sleek, and I actually think it looks a lot more expensive than it is. It is available in either red or black. A clever feature is the fact that there are holes in the bottom of the palette so you can see through to the shade names for the pans you have put in there. 






The blushers themselves are great quality for the price. I was sent four of the pinkier shades to try (spot on for me, we know how I like a pink blusher). 





(L to R) Rose Shine, Rose Thrill, Blushing, Crimson


Rose Shine (Shade 1) 


Rose Shine is a shimmery pale pink, the same kind of shade as MAC Well Dressed, but more shimmery and a bit brighter on the cheeks. It's subtle but you could definitely layer it up for more of a statement pink cheek if you wanted to. 






Rose Thrill (Shade 3)






Rose Thrill is a very definite bright, Barbie pink with cool undertones. In the pan it looks a bit like Illamasqua Unrequited, but on the skin it reminds me more of NARS Mata Hari. This matte blush is VERY pigmented. You have to be careful not to overdo it on pale skin, but I love this kind of bright blusher so felt very at home with it. My favourite of the four. 


Blushing (Shade 9)






Blushing is a bright, watermelon pink, corally sort of colour. It applied darker than I expected it to, but actually looks really natural when you use just the tiniest amount and blend it out really well. A proper apple-cheeks colour. 


Crimson (Shade 8)




Crimson is a reddish pink shot through with a gold shimmer. The shimmer is noticeable, but it's not so chunky it's obnoxious. This is not really my usual kind of shade, but I think it would look fantastic on darker skin tones. 


Overall, I'm very impressed with these little blushers. The pigmentation is great for a brand of this price point, and they last well so don't really need reapplication during the day. 




Priced at £5 for the palette and £4 for the blushers, I think these are a fantastic bargain! Available from Superdrug


* PR sample provided for review

11 comments:

  1. all these colours are so pretty! i love the idea of having them in a palette, definitely makes them seem a bit more special. i just wish they'd get them into more stores, i can never find any fashionista or look beauty products xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here - my local Superdrug takes ages to get anything new in!

      Delete
  2. Oh bloody hell, these look AMAZING. So pigmented and the palette is adorbz. Want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REALLY pigmented - you would love them!

      Delete
  3. I love these and it is so much easier having palettes especially when travelling x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks lovely :) I've always looked at the Fashionista section in Superdrug and have thought about making up a palette. These are really pigmented and lovely colours :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you definitely should if it's in your local one - I've heard lots of good reviews of the eyeshadows too.

      Delete
  5. i really want to try this out, now! :)

    http://munchmecat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can find a Superdrug that stocks the range it's definitely worth a look! x

      Delete
  6. how do you purchase this palette im in the u.s. . can I order it online

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and will always answer if you want to ask me any questions! x