Saturday, 6 August 2011

Sleek Saturday - wearable everyday Storm look

When Liloo told me last week about her Sleek Saturday series, I knew I had to get on board with this. I have 5 of these palettes languishing in my makeup drawers and, even though they are cheap, that's still £30 of makeup sitting around not earning its keep.

To ease myself in gently, I went for the Storm palette this week. Storm is the only one of my Sleek palettes that gets anything even approaching regular use, hence it's the scruffiest.

I had planned to do something more exciting than this, but time ran away from me as usual and I ended up having to use the palette for a look that I could actually wear to go out in the daytime, for lunch in town.  

The colours I used were these:


For me, when in doubt, go gold. I love gold eyeshadow - I think it really brightens up blue or green eyes especially, and it's hard to go wrong. Which is always good.



Other Products used:

FACE
Vichy Dermablend Foundation (15 and 25 mixed together); MAC MSF Natural (Light-Medium); Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush (Peach Satin); NARS Powder Blush (Deep Throat) - some days, one blusher just isn't enough

EYES
Eyeshadows from Storm Palette as above; MAC Fluidline (Blacktrack); Clinique High Impact Mascara (Black)

LIPS
Sleek Pout Paint (Minx)


Next week, I promise I'm going to make a real effort to use one of the truly neglected palettes, and do something a bit more out of my comfort zone!

8 comments:

  1. I so need to do something like this too, I have so many of the palettes and I barely touch them these days! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I do love this palette. On a random note how do you find the Vichy foundation? I have an unopened tube waiting for me to try x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! i know what you mean about these palettes, lovely as they are, some colours are just so hard to wear. the storm palette is definitely my most worn as well.

    i just found your blog btw, it's lovely! you have a new follower :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favourite palette of all time, i just love it! I love the dark blue and dark green xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous look! So glowy and pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwh pretty and polished <3 poor gold eyeshadow, it used to get SO much use from me but now it gets none. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love sleek palettes, love how you've used these colours, so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and will always answer if you want to ask me any questions! x