Friday, 17 September 2010

Friday Face-Off - Urban Decay Sin vs MAC Naked Lunch

Since as we all know I'm on a spending ban, I'm not going to be able to post about many new products on here for a while. So it's time to bring out some of my old favourites. When I've been sorting through my makeup, one thing I have noticed is that in some cases I have some products that seem very similar, and even some that are near identical dupes for each other.


My Friday Face-Off posts will pit two very similar products against each other, and I'll try to show whether they are dupes or not - so you don't do the same thing as me and end up with loads of versions of the same shade.


Where products do seem like dupes, I'll pick a winner and let you know which one I'd recommend. All clear? Then I'll begin.


Today I'm pitting my two favourite brands of eyeshadow against one another - MAC and Urban Decay. I do like a nice shimmery neutral for an everyday look, and two eyeshadows that I wear a lot of are Naked Lunch (left) and Sin (right). They are both shimmery pale pink champagne colours that I mainly use for a wash of colour over the lid.


I do love them both, but in terms of which one is the best, the swatches speak for themselves. Naked Lunch (left) is buildable, especially over a base, but Sin (right) is way more pigmented and longer lasting.


The winner, clearly, is Sin! Here's how I usually wear it.



(Sin on the lid, Toasted in crease, Hustle in outer corner)

Any other Sin or Naked Lunch fans out there?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! Really helpful, i've been looking into getting some new shadows for a while. tend to stick with the ones i've already got. But which make is sin? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted Naked Lunch for a while, but I guess I'll get Sin instead! It's ridiculous how much more pigmented it is :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Victoria India - Sin is an Urban Decay eyeshadow, so the same price as MAC. Glad you found it useful! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sin is one of my favourite eyeshadows ever! Love Urban Decay x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look gorgeous on you! Toasted is such a nice shade too xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and will always answer if you want to ask me any questions! x